i

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sanctity of Life Sunday

I have to say that my favorite Sunday of the year is Sanctity of Life Sunday, I actually look forward to it all year. I am PASSIONATE about life, and about adoption. 
I LOVE it when a woman finds herself in a crisis pregnancy and chooses to put her child first, either if she chooses to parent that baby or to place that baby into a loving home to be parented.  
It is a BEAUTIFUL amazing thing! 
Last year we spoke in front of our church on this Sunday about bringing Evelyn home. In the congregation there was one particular woman who my heart bled for as I took the stage, I purposely included a verse in my part of what I had to say FOR her... 

those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
~Isaiah 40:31~

I had been praying for her with all of my heart, my husband and I had hoped that this couple would bring their "baby" home before we did.  (little did we know that in reality, they DID have their "baby" before us, or rather they were born before Evie)
One night while I was praying for her, I felt that the Lord was directing me to pray for twin boys. Can't explain it but I delighted to do what I felt the Lord was leading me to do. 
For MONTHS I prayed for twin boys. 


Here is an amazing beautiful thing, we spoke last year on January 24th, I KNOW it was hard for them. 
But God is beyond faithful and on January 25th they got the call that they were the parents to 3 month old twin boys! HANDSOME fellows they are too! 
I cannot tell you how amazing it was to be here a year later and be the one in the crowd just praising the Lord for His faithfulness to carry to completion His good and perfect will! 


The boys are prayed for and dedicated to God!


This picture just makes me laugh, poor guys just don't know what to do with a "girl" between them.. haha! 
Evie and two of her 3 amazing adoption friends who's stories are all so amazingly intertwined! Adoption is amazing, it doesn't just bring together a child and parents, it brings together a community of LOVE!


2 comments:

Mailloux said...

Thanks for helping us remember this special day!

Sharmin said...

I have a story to tell you of how special the Sanctity of Life Sunday is to me, but I won't share it here because it is lengthy. I will send you a message on Facebook... or via email (I have it written, just need to attach the document)...you may have to remind me, but it may help someone else, and that's what is important. God has truly had His hand on my life, even though I resisted and was oblivious at times.