Some of us are not born with naturally curly hair, no some of us are born with straight, thin, limp hair...
Imagine my complete confusion on HOW on earth you care for beautiful naturally curly hair when all you've known is straight and limp!
I decided one day to google how to care for curly hair because it seemed like no matter what I tried to fix my Evie's hair it turned into a fro... Just NOT the look for a little lady! hehe
Here are some important things I learned... NEVER brush curly hair when it is dry.. It only promotes MORE frizz... ALWAYS put lots of conditioner, the more conditioner the more the curls. It does NOT weigh curly hair down like it would my fine straight hair.
After wetting with a spray bottle of water and conditioning with a spray on detangler, brush and TADA!!! Beautiful non-frizzy curls!
(I am still on the hunt for a natural conditioner that doesn't have ANY synthetic ingredients)
In Evie's world NO day is complete without a trip to her closet for the perfect bow.
Seriously, she takes my hand and says bow and pats her head over and over until we get to the closet!
(no prompting from mommy, it's the first thing we do after breakfast)
Oh, and since we're on the subject of hair, I just had to share, today she wore her first real pigtails... Complete with bows of course!
And fun fact, did you know that when her hair is wet in the bath it goes all the way to the bottom of her shoulder blades! Crazy hu!!








6 comments:
I love those curls!!! I wish I had those curls hehe!
A topic near and dear to me right now! Hannah and I just took a foot off of our hair for Locks of Love and imagine my shock when my always poker straight, turned frizzy hair is actually curly! (Wavy actually.) I had been brushing, brushing, brushing with a boar bristle to drag oils from my scalp to my ends all the way at my waist to control the dryness.
I've actually spent the last three days learning all about how to care for curly hair including no brushing, no pooing, and all kinds of natural homemade hair care because the last thing I'm about to do is dump a ton of product on my head to maintain it. I miss my simple bun and braid!
Lydia has wavy hair and I haven't given it any thought how to care for it until now.
Evie has the most precious curls :D
Her hair reminds me of Gwen's it was SO curly like that when she was little. I miss those curls, they are so fun to work with and put bows in. Love the pig tails so cute!
eeekkkk....She is soooo CUTE! Love those curls!
I know a hair cut is a long way off but.....Speaking as one that had to learn how to cut curly hair please be careful when you get her hair cut. It cannot be texurized like straight hair, it will make it frizz. Question the person and make sure they know how to cut curly hair and if you must let them cut it dry so they don't cut it to short. A trim can turn horribly bad. She has beautiful curls and beautiful hair. I love all the bows you have for her and the way you dress her! She has won the hearts of all of us just like her brothers.
Absolutely adorable! I am still looking for natural haircare that won't break the bank. If you find it post please!
Post a Comment