Ever since youtube updated/changed things I can't figure out how to link the actual video onto my blog (maybe that was their goal, I dunno, I can't figure it out!)
But I truly beg you to watch these three excellent videos about Sensory Processing Disorder.
Carter J has both Proprioceptive and Vestibular processing disorder (along with a few other systems)
We recently purchased some headphones for our Carter J and I cannot tell you the WORLD of difference they made. We tested them out in public on Sunday for the first time and I was floored to sit all the way through a meal with him perfectly happy, he even carried on a conversation.
THAT my friends is HUGE!
Most of the time he gets very agitated in restaurants and acts out.
In fact, for the most part I avoid restaurants because it is NEVER a good experience either during the meal or afterward if he did hold it together.

No comments:
Post a Comment