i

Sunday, January 23, 2011

King Arthur Flour

I must preface this post with a disclaimer, I don't get anything in return for how often I tell people about King Arthur Flour... But when I find a company that is truly amazing... I SHARE!


I know I shared earlier that I was very very discouraged when I discovered that I needed to go gluten free (for a month long trial) But the thought of not being able to bake amazing things anymore was AWFUL... 
I LOVE to bake and I LOVE my King Arthur supplies.

I buy everything from them, Thankfully I can get the flour locally but everything else, vanilla, chocolate chips, mint chips, flavorings, boiled cider, you name it, I order it from them. 

Their recipes and their products are tested and incredible. I  have never NEVER made a recipe from King Arthur Flour that our family didn't like.

SO, when I discovered that they have recently released a gluten free line I was excited yet skeptical.

now....

I'M SOLD! 

Seriously, I can't even tell a difference.

I made their flourless fudge cookies AMAZING
And their gluten free muffin mix which I made with coconut oil and cranberries! OH YUM! 
Then I tried the gluten free brownies... Can't even tell a difference from the normal recipe (from them) that I always make. 

 So, I just had to share... I can totally do gluten free. I can still bake, I can still have amazing food!
(my kids even scolded me for eating the brownies and were shocked when I told them it was gluten free)

You have to check out King Arthur Flour if you haven't ever before.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I also love King Arthur Flour. It has been a bookmarked site for me for a long time. Whenever I am looking for a new recipe I head there first!

I love that their flours are grown and milled in the USA...a bit more pricey than your average store brand....but worth every penny!

Sherry said...

So glad you found a gluten free solution to your love of baking! When I was gluten free (trial to see if I felt better) I was also off egg. The brownie mix I got HAS to have egg in it. Also, my kids and I eat ground-up brown rice as a porridge for breakfast. It's like healthier, non-wheat, Cream of Wheat. We grind it ourselves but Bob's Red Mill sells it ready to cook if you want to try it. It's just cheaper to buy rice in bulk. Continued prayers!