i

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

reality

 My knuckles tensed on the steering wheel as I exited the freeway and a knot began to form in my stomach. 

I feel this way every time I take this street.
 Sick to my stomach and tears rising to the surface.
 I am driving by death. 
I know it all the way to the depths of my soul. I wonder to myself how many people are dying inside that building as I go by. Does it happen that quickly? Is a life snuffed out in the time it takes me to drive past?

 I close my eyes as I pull to the stoplight just before death. I pray hard.
 I pray for even just one woman to get up and run.
 I pray for God's mercy and I remember. 
 I remember how mighty He is, I glance in the backseat and smile at my daughter.
I tell my boys to pray 

 The light turns green and I pray for God to intervene in those lives to stop death. 
The tears come as I drive by.
 It is such a stark building.
 I notice today that a woman has cracked the door and is pulling the planters full of cheerful flowers inside for the night.
Must be closing time.  
The end of a day of death.

The flowers seem so wrong, to me.
 I imagine that they think it makes them look good, advertising right?


In reality they are funeral flowers
For thousands who aren't given the dignity of a funeral.

I wonder it every single time I drive by,
 how many deaths have taken place in those buildings.

It can feel so overwhelming, I have seen multiple times on the "Live Action" facebook page, people posting things like "We'll never end abortion, so you might as well just face it." 
I shake my head.
God is a BIG God
and every single tiny life that is saved is a victory

I have had my own small brush with the reality of what an abortion could have taken away.
two years ago on the 16th of this month a baby girl was born 
who might not have been if God had not intervened.

I remember the warm day at the end of September.
We drove into a small town where hundreds of people were quietly sitting on the sides of the main street 
holding signs that said things like "Pray to end abortion" "Abortion kills babies" and more.
I smiled as we drove through. 
Expectation & anticipation building in my heart
We were on our way to meet a birthmother who had chosen us to parent her baby.
Nothing could have prepared me for the story of her pregnancy that I was about to hear.

She was angry that she was pregnant. 
She didn't want the baby and decided she would have an abortion.
So she scheduled it.
She drank and she partied and lived it up.
THEN as an act from the Lord...
The night before she was planning to go in and end her baby's life
she was arrested and incarcerated.



She ended up being in jail to long and missed her window of opportunity to abort her child.
This child she now wanted our family to have.
Leaving that small town I felt humbled and so in awe of God and His mighty power to save this baby girl.

She was beautiful
and I remembered her story, all the way to the very beginning.

She wasn't our Evelyn
But I got to see her again just a few months ago
Words can't say what my emotions were as I watched her play and just be the incredible little girl she is.
I couldn't help but notice the hole that would be in her mom's life if she wasn't there.
I couldnt' help but notice the hole in mine if she wasn't there.

It was an amazing thing to watch her and Evie together.
Both of them
ALIVE!

God IS moving... Just look:

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/10/10/122-babies-spared-from-abortion-during-40-days-for-life-event/

Don't become hardened, don't put it out of your mind. Don't make excuses why you can't do anything.
Pray, and pray hard
Death is happening in a stark building near you every single day.
It's consequences are staggering.
Be a voice for those who have none.
make sure the reality is shown.

http://liveaction.org/blog/my-planned-parenthood-abortion-story/?utm_content=sf2074522&utm_medium=spredfast&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=Live+Action+Corporate&sf2074522=1

This is an incredible song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ra-CnBxTOE

2 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Beautiful, and yes we have a BIG GOD!!!

Valerie said...

You are so right. God is amazing in his big plans and even bigger heart. I would love to know more about your adoption journey. Even as we sit here waiting for "the call" I crave to know what others went through. How long they waited to be matched. How they came to that decision. If you ever have a free seond to share, email me at sgtswife03@yahoo.com. Please do not feel obligated. I know the busyness that can happen in a household. I also know and understand that preciousness of just sitting and rocking and enjoying children when there is NO busyness. Take care and keep sharing~!!