Some of you may remember this photoshoot of my children,
it went out as our Christmas Card in 2011.
The other day when I told my kids I wanted to redo that session with Lydia now HERE
my kids all jumped at the idea, they were so happy and one of them even mentioned how much
better it would be to do this session without an empty chair.
This time of year, specifically September 27th has been a date of great sadness for me for years,
that was the day we lost our first baby on our first journey of adoption.
But now, 5 years later that date is redeemed. Now my daughter turned 9 months old on
September 27th.
The Lord is so good, His plans are perfect and He gives us such precious little gifts.
He didn't have to choose the 27th for the day she was born in December, but He did.
He knew that September 27th would be precious to me when it rolled around,
He also knew our second loss took place throughout the 27th to the 31st of December,
He redeemed those days as well by bringing our last daughter into our arms on those days!
I could never put into words what this year has been like for us as a family,
such much healing, so much pain in it
and such a treasured bond between these 6 siblings I can't even describe it.
and such a treasured bond between these 6 siblings I can't even describe it.
They each love Lydi SO much, they treasure her deeply.
We all treasure her, she is such a precious gift from the Lord
Fearfully and wonderfully made just for our family.
She is the perfect fit
She is our precious jewel
It is also precious to my heart that I was able to have the girls clothes made custom
for this special date, there is SO much symbolism in this session of my crew SO much
She is so much more than just an amazing designer of clothes, she is a dear friend and
once I realized that Lydia's 9 mos fell on this date, she helped me create exactly the look I
wanted these pictures to have!
While we may not understand why we had to face a total of 5 losses on our combine adoption
journeys, we do know that the Lord had purpose in those losses.
Or any hardship we face in life, they are all going to be worked to His glory
because we love Him and are called according to His purpose,
and He loves us and desires to draw us closer still to Himself.
"Let Sorrow do it's work, send grief or pain;
sweet are thy messengers,
sweet their refrain.
If they but work in me, more love,
O Christ, to thee,
More love to thee, more love to thee."
~Hinds Feet on High Places~
And so, we continue to walk this broken road of life, together at last









1 comment:
So grateful for your precious daughter and all God did to get her to you.
hugs!
Post a Comment